Monday, June 6, 2011

Deliver Us Single- In Flames

The fathers of melodeath have done it again! In Flames' new single, Deliver Us was fair. I enjoyed the intro because of its masterful build up. It got you into it immediately with a nice guitar hook. I will say that it was strangely slow after the intro. I was really hoping that they would use some serious TNT in the chorus. This would've made the song absolutely perfect in my opinion. I think they failed to make use of the hard work they did beforehand.

The guitar solo was ok overall. I found the music video to be quite entertaining. I think with the name of their upcoming album: Sounds of a Playground Fading, i think the video is fitting. If i were Nuclear Blast and In Flames i would not have chosen this song for the video or the lead single. I think the video should've gone with the corresponding song and at this point i can't say what i think the lead single should be.

Rating:
instrumentals: I give this a 3.5 because of the awesome buildub and intro, but the lack of excitement in the chorus and other parts. The solo was ok but nothing special.

Vocals: I think Anders does well here. I wish for a little more screaming but overall it was solid. 4 for him.

Overall: 3.5 for reasons mentioned above.

Good buy?: This is worth the money on itunes. I like the song overall. I dont see bad mistakes rather than room for improvement. Go ahead and buy it! I am also looking forward to the full lp.

Note: I will not be reviewing the advanced songs that are floating around YouTube to respect In Flames.

Also please subscribe to my youtube channel here-----------------------------------------> http://www.youtube.com/user/MoltenMetalReview?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/T7DIUmwbVKU
and watch my V-Log video review here ---->http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=T7DIUmwbVKU

No comments:

Post a Comment